Max Holloway New UFC FW Champion And New Division?



Written by A.G Lee

And just like that Max Holloway (14-3 UFC) makes the best use of a 10 fight winning streak any UFC fighter could and claims the UFC featherweight belt as his own from one of the most dominant UFC champions in it's history. Holloway is now on an 11 fight win streak after unifying the UFC featherweight belts by stopping Jose Aldo (8-2 UFC) in the 3rd round of their 5 round fight.

With the win Max Holloway has probably not hit the reset button on the UFC featherweight division, but given it new life as there are a number of fighters that Aldo has already dominated that now have a chance to avoid trilogy fights and get a different type of challenge in new champion Holloway.

Many saw Holloway as an underdog in a fight that he more than deserved especially after winning the interim championship belt guaranteeing him the next shot at the belt considering what happened last time "someone" won the UFC featherweight belt. Also Holloway had some words for that "Someone" after winning the belt in Brazil.


“I’m not going to talk about someone who isn’t talking about me. He gets to choose his fights, why will I cry or beg him to fight me? Get the hell out of here with that s—t. He should beg to fight me now.”

“I’m coming to the point where people are going to ask me to fight. I ain’t asking anyone to fight. I’ve got my throne. If he wants it, come see me.”

Having a current win streak of 11 with a UFC belt and win over a dominant UFC champion does put Max Holloway in the spotlight especially in regards that he is willing to make himself the money fight all the fighters want. But can Max Holloway really be the money fight and big star that he wants to be in all of this? Who do fans see Max Holloway fighting next after such an impressive win?

Either way Max Holloway seems to be the next big thing in the UFC featherweight division whether fans want him or not as he seems to be improving and only getting better with time. Now all he needs is that extra push that some fighters seem to keep asking for.

Powered by Blogger.