UFC Fight Geoff Neal : Undefeated Shavkat Rakhmonov at UFC Fight Night 217 is an easy Win

 


Geoff Neal (15-4 MMA, 7-2 UFC) has been on an impressive winning streak so far in his UFC career knocking out  Vincent luque in his last fight. 

Luque a fighter who had never been knocked out before in his career and was looking like a promising fighter on his way to the welterweight division top three or a title contention fight.


After that win Neal asked for a top three contender in the division to solidify his spot to move into the title contention spot himself, but was not able to secure a matchup with anyone in the top three. Especially the fighter he asked for in the form of Gilbert Burns.

But he did manage to land a fighter at UFC Fight Night 217 who is currently flying a little bit below the radar of a lot of MMA and fight fans.

A fighter in the form of Shavkat Rakhmonov (16-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) who is currently undefeated in the UFC and is on the same path to stardom and dominance as Khamzat Chimaev.

“I really feel he’s just good everywhere,” Neal told MMA Junkie. “I haven’t seen anything that’s spectacular that he does. Just as long as my cardio is there and I’m focused mentally, I think I’ll take the win. Easy.”



Shavkat with only his four fights and undefeated streak while finishing every opponent has fans noticing his rise and talent the same way fans took notice of the now #1 ranked welterweight fighter Khamzat Chimaev..

As a cherry ontop of accepting this fight Neal gets the air his grievance by proxy with the UFC for adding Shavkat into the UFC 4 game with only 2 years while Neal has been with the UFC for 4 years so far.

“At this point don’t even put me in the damn game,” Neal said. “I’m good. You’re going to put Shavkat in there before me? It is what it is. I guess it has something to do with your popularity. I don’t even want to be in the game now. I’m good. Super disrespectful. Don’t put me in the game now. Once I have the belt around my waist, don’t put me in the game. Just leave me out.”

Even with Shavkat being barely in the top 10 Neil believes a win over a fighter that the UFC is pushing will give him the boost that he needs to step into the top five and into a top 5 spot with his next fight beyond that being a title contention match.

“I really feel like if I get through this fight and take him out in the first round, I rally feel like I’ll be in title contention or have a contender fight or something,” Neal said. “I really feel like I deserve it at this point. I’m taking out the guys – I’ve taken out somebody no one else wants to fight – so I feel like I would deserve a title shot after that."

Powered by Blogger.